Kicking & Hand to Eye Skills
Gross Motor Exercise 14 – Dinosaur Eggs
You’ll need per group of children:
- 10 Soccer Balls
- 1 Tunnel
- Two Soccer Goals
- Increase Hand to eye coordination
- Increase Eye focusing
- Increase Throwing skills
- Increase Balance
Set the Scene
The children hop in a time machines which takes the back 100 million years to the when the Dinosaurs roamed the planet.
Place a the Soccer balls in between two soccer nets pushed together, these are the eggs
Place the parachute on the ground, this is the time machine
Educator holds the tunnel so both ends are together.
How it works
Children hop under the parachute which is the time machine, when the educator pulls the parachute off the children they are have to feed the T Rez the dinosaurs eggs before it eats them.
- Set up the soccer balls in the nets and place the parachute on the ground
- Children are encouraged to go under the parachute
- The educator pulls the parachute off the children with a ROAR and holding the tunnel pretending to be the T Rez
- The children are then encouraged to retrieve the eggs and throw them into the mouth of the T Rez before it eats them
By placing the tunnel over the top of the children you can replicate the T Rez eating them and the spitting them out