Catching & Throwing Games
Gross Motor Exercise 2 – Lava Bounce
- 1 Ball per child
- Increase Hand to eye coordination
- Increase Ball handling skills
- Increase Grip strengthens
- Increase Eye focusing
- Increase Catching skills
- Increase Listening and Comprehending Skills
Set the scene
Tell the children they are standing on a volcano.
Ask them what they can see??
Is it hot under your feet??
How it works
Children bounce and catch their ball while they walk around the volcano. Until they hear LAVA! They then have to grab their ball, keeping it off the ground and out of the lava. After the ALL CLEAR! They continue bouncing.
- Set the scene
- Encourage the children to bounce and catch their ball as they walk around the volcano.
- Educator yells: LAVA
- The children then hug their ball into their chest, keeping it off the ground and out of the lava.
- Educator yells: ALL CLEAR
- The children then continue to bounce and catch their ball around the volcano
- Repeat and have fun!