Catching and Throwing Games
Gross Motor Exercise 4 – Apple Picking
- 1 Ball per child
- Increase Hand to eye coordination
- Increase Ball handling skills
- Increase Grip strengthens
- Increase Eye focusing
- Increase Catching skills
- Increase Throwing skills
Set the Scene
We’re in a field full of apple trees.
How it works
Children have to throw their balls up into the air to knock the apples off the tree. They then have to try to catch their the falling apples ( the ball )
- Children are given a ball each or one between two
- Encourage the children to throw the ball at the wall and catch it as it comes back
- Each time they catch the ball they can take a step back.