Catching & Throwing Games
Gross Motor Exercise 9 – Bucket Bounce
You’ll need between two children:
- 1 Tennis
- 2 Cones
- 1 Bucket
- Increase hand to eye coordination
- Increase eye focusing
- Increase depth perception
- Increase catching skills
- Increase throwing skills
- Increase team work
Place two cones on the ground about 2 meters apart.
Children stand next to the cone facing each other
One child is given a tennis ball, the other a bucket
How it works
Children have to work together, one bounces the ball off the ground, while the other catches it in their bucket.
- Encourage the children to stand facing each other standing next to their cones.
- The child with the ball is encouraged to bounce the ball on the ground and into the other child’s bucket.
- Encourage the bucket holder to help by trying to catch the ball with the bucket.
To increase the difficulty by encouraging them to take a step further back without letting it bounce more then once