When children feel they have a sense of belonging and are more comfortable and ready to learn and grow. For our Infant Star class our first 2-3 sessions are based on our trainers building trust and confidence with the children.
What does the Infant Stars class involve?
We understand that this age group can take slightly longer than others to adapt to new people, situations and changes with their routine. We respect their voice and allow these early sessions to be very open ended and spontaneous that can be quickly tailored to the needs and interests of the group. Our trainers will come with a selection of experiences and resources prepared and assess the structure of the session as they go. After these initial sessions, a weekly topic will drive each session to help engage and guide children into health and gross motor learning.
Some of our weekly topics include, transport, colours, the beach, farm animals and under the sea, integrated with gross motor experiences, resources, music and movement.
Key Gross Motor Developmental Aims
- Eye/hand coordination
- Grasp and Muscle Strength
General Abilities and Milestones: 12 to 15 Months
- Sits in a wide variety of positions when on the floor
- Sustained standing without support
- Independent walking
- Stoops to pick up a toy and returns to stand
- Begins to play while squatting
General Abilities and Milestones: 15 to 18 Months
- Carries or pushes a toy when walking
- Creeps down steps on hands and knees
- Climbs up steps using the railing
- Takes a few backward or sideways steps
- Begins to run, but not well-coordinated
GrowFit on Instagram