Are we the right fit for you?
GrowFit is a twice national award winning program taking active, educational health and fitness classes into early learning centres and OOSH’s across NSW. Currently we are particularly looking for trainers in the Inner West and Northern Sydney suburbs although we will consider applicants who live in other areas as well.
The GrowFit Program involves a series of creative, themed physical activity sessions that encourage children to enjoy a fun, healthy and balanced lifestyle. Sessions have a focus on either Sports, Hip Hop or Yoga, with Sports currently being our most sought after program.
Working within the Early Years Learning Framework and focusing on gross motor development, we use both structured and creative play following the National Quality Framework as set out by the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority to work together with each centre’s educators. With a holistic approach to learning we teach the children about good nutrition, exercise, sun safety, movement, the importance of sleep, teamwork and many other topics. Above all, GrowFit is dedicated to delivering the message that “Being Fit is Fun”
GrowFit classes are 30min sessions. Shifts are between 1-3 hours in the morning and afternoon and we aim to schedule sessions close to home to maximise your earning potential.
You are employed on a casual basis and we provide insurance, work cover and superannuation for our trainers.
All equipment is provided and delivered to you.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a passion for interacting with and teaching children
- a love for sports
- be energetic and outgoing
- enthusiastic, reliable and professional
Who does this role suit?
- University Students completing a relevant degree in PE teaching, Sports Science or Human Movement, Sports Management & Primary School Teaching
- Casual school teachers looking to fill extra days
- Sports coaches looking for more work or extra income.
- Personal trainers looking for extra income during the middle of the day
- Early learning educators who are looking for a change
Essential Qualifications and requirements
- Working with Children Check
- Police check
- Current First Aid certificate
- Covid vaccination certificate
- Drivers licence and own car – essential as you need to take equipment with you so public transport is not suitable
It would be desirable if
- Experience working with young children
- Had the ability to be a little silly
GrowFit classes are run Monday to Friday, between 9:30am – 11:30am and 1:30 – 5pm.
This allows our trainers to run their own clients in the mornings and evenings, filling the hours in the middle of the day.
Get your application underway
GrowFit on Instagram